Bug 9715457 : DYNAMIC REPOSITORY VARIABLE DO NOT REFRESH IN ANSWERS LOCATIONS

Sometime back I wanted to display the current day time in a customized format in OBIEE 11g Title view.


At first I started with creating a dynamic repository variable which gave me the current datetime value in a customized format and I tried to call this variable in the Title view. I could not see the dynamic value of that variable. Later I want back to check the RPD-The initialization block was OK. I had not set the default value for that variable so I thought let us initialize. I saved the settings and again called that dynamic repository variable in the Title view.Now this time I got to see the DEFAULT value which was initialized in the RPD but not the dynamic value.




After checking with Oracle Support - It was found that that was a bug and they said they would fix in the next release.

Bug 9715457: DYNAMIC REPOSITORY VARIABLE DO NOT REFRESH IN ANSWERS LOCATIONS 

So the workaround is to create a session variable and call it in the Title view. 












































No comments: